Technical Support Representative 2/5/2018
Job Type: Contract to hire
Veriant is currently looking for individuals for Technical Support Representative roles with one of our best clients in Herndon, VA. In this full time contract position you will provide support including service requests, VoIP status, network connectivity, telecom and software issues.
• Remotely troubleshoot and isolate problem calls from customers and field engineers. Ensure problem is resolved or escalated as needed.
• Troubleshoot layer 1 to layer 3 issues on broadband circuits (meeting SLA for every customer)
• Troubleshoot and configure supported CPEs
• Provide clear and concise documentation on troubleshooting steps taken (focus is on a smooth transition from agent to agent without wasted time doing the same work)
• Excellent customer service skills
• Detailed oriented with high level written and oral communication skills
• Interest in technology and willingness to learn and constantly improve upon technical skills
• Great problem solving and follow up skills
• Desire to learn TCP/IP protocols (ping, traceroute, telnet, etc.), basics of networks/networking, key systems, PBXs, LANs etc.
• Previous experience in a call/support center environment
• A+ Certification
• Net+ Network Certification