Director of Accounting 3/11/2018
Category: Finance and Accounting
Job Type: Direct hire
Veriant Solutions is currently looking to for a Director of Accounting for one of our best clients in the Greenwood Village, CO area.
What You’ll Do:
- Developing, maintaining and auditing accounting policies and procedures
- Planning, organizing and conducting month end and year-end close
- Hiring, training and retaining accounting team
- Preparing financial statements, including cash flow statements, balance sheets and other financial documents as required
- Organizing and Coordinating Budgeting and Forecast Planning
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures
- Protect company assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls
- Provides status of financial condition of the company by collecting, interpreting and reporting key financial data across several divisions
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements by researching existing and new legislation, consulting with outside advisors, and filing financial reports
- Advises management of actions and potential risks
- Manages budget and controls expenses effectively
- Manages expense reporting and payroll services
What You Bring:
10+ years of Accounting Management / Leadership Experience with in a multi divisional setting exceeding 75 million in revenue, with telecommunication industry experience strongly preferred
- Prior management experience required, manager experience in public accounting will be considered equivalent.
- 7 years of managing accounting and payroll platforms either software or cloud based.
- Strong communication and Organization Skills
- Proven knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and internal financial reporting, required.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions
- Experience in analyzing business performance and developing financial plans within a fast-paced and changing environment desirable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), with demonstrated expertise in complex Excel-based financial modeling
Bachelor’s in Accounting
Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) (preferred)
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA).