Fiber Design Manager 10/18/2018
Job Type: Direct hire
Veriant Solutions is currently looking for a full time Fiber Design Engineer in the Irvine, CA area. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company, with a great team.
What You’ll Do:
- Create network design process improvements.
- Manage vendor’s work quality and production.
- Create reports for senior leadership.
- Track project activity and milestones.
- Manage the fiber design process flow to facilitate FTTX/FTTH design.
- Manage designs for new development, network relocations and network upgrades.
- Monitor and support finance metrics: purchase orders, work orders, contracts and invoicing.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to OSP engineering team.
What you Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or commiserate experience.
- 5 years of experience with Fiber engineering and infrastructure.
- Experience in construction on new outside and inside plant fiber infrastructure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What You Bring (preferred):
- Technical program management experience.
- Multi Dwelling Unit (MDU) Fiber Design project experience.
- Experience with local utility permitting.
- Expertise in GIS. AutoCAD drafting capabilities.
- Extensive knowledge of Fiber Optic configuration, network equipment, splice operations and system design.
What we Offer:
- $100 – 110K base salary
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- Annual performance bonus
- Possible relocation or signing bonus (DOE)