Software Engineer 6/13/2019
Category: Information Technology
Job Type: Direct hire
Veriant Solutions is actively seeking a Software Engineer for a top client in Louisville, CO.
What You’ll Do:
- Gathers and writes technical requirements for complex stories, features, and epics. Authors technical designs.
- Codes web applications across domains following specifications and using the appropriate tools. Identifies best practices and guides other team members in the implementation of best practices.
- Generates supporting unit test as well as system test specifications and implementations. Builds the automated test framework, drives best practices, and troubleshoots issues.
- Maintains, modifies, and improves existing applications.
- Recognizes when a broad solution is needed based on trends/root causes and recommends solutions.
- Contributes to and may lead project document reviews and design/code reviews.
- Ensures adherence to IT Control Policies throughout design, development, and testing.
- Proactively works with cross-functional teams. Builds and maintains good business relationships that help drive ideas and solutions.
- Proactively engages team to review ideas, solutions, issues, and/or concerns.
- Applies AGILE concepts and works collaboratively and closely with QA in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Trains and mentors junior teammates.
What You Bring:
- Proficient with multiple technologies and may have some understanding of architectural principles.
- Identifies, implements, and applies best practices. Is the “go to” person on the team.
- Defines how the work should be done; provides intelligent alternatives to the status quo. Sells and drives ideas. Owns issues and can work effectively inside and outside of the team to influence and drive results.
- Displays flexibility in adapting to changing conditions and helps lead others through change.
- Thinks strategically, displays a high degree of emotional maturity, and demonstrates a positive outlook.
- Possesses a broad understanding of Agile/LEAN principles and the ability to apply the AGILE methodology; competent AGILE team member.
- Prior experience working in an AGILE/SCRUM environment.
- Object Oriented Design and Development skills, including understanding of common design patterns.
- Experience with AWS cloud service
- Web application, Client/server programming experience.
- Restful and SOAP services
- Relation Database & SQL Experience
- Linux / UNIX
Nice to Have:
- Certificate-based authentication, cryptography
- Experience in System integration/ B2B integrations / SCM / MMIS / ERP development or integration is a plus.
- EDI Experience is a plus
- Strong Java developer
- Exposure to UI framework like Angular is a plus
- SSL and java cryptography programming experience.
- Load testing using any toolset.
- Familiarity with centralized log management solution
- Data analytics is a plus
- BS Degree in Computer Science.