Senior Network Engineer 7/29/2019
Job Type: Direct hire
Veriant Solutions is currently seeking a Senior Network Engineer to develop and maintain functional and secure networks for a top client.
What You’ll Do:
- Establish networks that cater to customer needs.
- Mentor a team of engineers to troubleshoot and optimize our networks for our users.
- Design and deploy functional networks, applications and protocols (LAN, WAN, WLAN, DNS, PROXY, etc)
- Configure and install software, servers, routers and other network devices
- Resolve escalated issues by troubleshooting cloud and local infrastructure
- Maintain a two way communication with users and end-clients and maintain technical documentation.
- Suggest improvements to network performance, capacity and scalability.
- Diagnose and resolve issues using PING, TRACEROUTE, MTR, TCPTRACE, TCPDUMP, WIRESHARK
What You Bring:
- 5-6 years industry experience in network, systems, and/or security operations
- excellent problem-solving skills and thorough knowledge of network and system administration and architecture.
- Proficiency in Vendor neutral network & Security infrastructure (Cisco IOS, JUNOS, UBIQUITI, BROCADE, PIX, PALO ALTO, IPTABLES, etc)
- A passion for security and data protection.
- Proficiency in automation to make the workflow more effective
- Understands and architects, designs, implements, maintains and operates information system security controls and countermeasures
- Demonstrated proficiency and configured network Routing and switching with (IPv4/IPv6, BGP, STATIC ROUTING, DYNAMIC Routing protocols, Spanning tree, VLANS, Etherchannel, etc).
- Experience working with IRR (Internet Routing Registries).
- Experience installing, configuring and maintaining *nix operating systems is a must.
- Configuration of advanced routing/security policies on such Operating Systems is a plus.
- Experience working with Server infrastructure, (HP Proliant, SuperMicro, Dell PowerEdge and others).
Nice to Have:
Experience in installation, configuration and maintenance of CACTI, NAGIOS, SOLARWINDS, SQUID Proxy, BIND DNS, LINUX FIREWALL (UFW, FIREWALLD AND IPTABLES), OpenVPN.
One or more of scripting/automation tools like BASH, Perl, Python, Ruby, etc.
Experience with automation frameworks (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.).
Network : CCNA/CCNP, JNCIA/JNCIP, A+, Network+ O/S : RHCSA, RHCE, MCSA, MCSE, Server+
Security: InfoSec GCIH, GSLC, CEH, CISSP, Security+
Willing to assist nights and/or weekends when an emergency situation occurs.
What We Offer:
- Work from your home office.
- Compensation package between $100 – 115K annual
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Join a growing company