Senior IT Project Manager 7/31/2019
Category: Information Technology
Job Type: Contract to hire
Veriant Solutions has an opening for a hard-working, business savvy Project Manager to oversee long-term projects for a Software Partner. We want outspoken, enthusiastic individuals who value integrity and teamwork. If you strive to be a well-respected individual in your company, then we have an outstanding opportunity for you.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure project results have an articulated scope with quantifiable business benefit.
- Connect project messaging and reporting to strategic business initiatives.
- Represent the project at project governance and inter-department forums.
- Align projects to waterfall and Agile project methodology compliance standards set by the enterprise.
- Develop communication plans and interfaces to actively engage business partners.
- Partner with business sponsors to define success metrics and criteria.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert in briefing stakeholders on assigned initiatives.
- Provide accurate forecasts of performance to relevant business stakeholders.
- Communicate project and program progress to key constituents.
- Assess and work to resolve all high priority project risks and issues as they are encountered.
- Define and contribute to the creation of project plans for projects, portfolio, and product prioritization and implementation.
- Manage all aspects of the project life cycle, and work with team members to oversee all phases through project completion.
- Facilitate all operational checkpoint activities throughout the project lifecycle.
- Manage scope to ensure agreed time, cost, and quality parameters are met.
What You Bring:
- Outstanding communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong technical knowledge and ability to express complex technical concepts in understandable terms.
- Proficient with Project and Portfolio Management Tools. (Visio, MS Project, Atlassian Suite - Confluence, Jira, etc.)
- Familiar with PMI or PRINCE2 or equivalent methodology
- Knowledge and expertise in the use of project management and SDLC methodologies and tools (i.e. Agile, SCRUM, SAFE, Waterfall, Iterative)
- Knowledge in the area of Product Lifecycle Management
- 3 to 5 years’ Agile Scrum Master experience, working in a Scaled Agile software development environment.
- 7 to 10 years’ proven Software Project Management experience.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience working on new product launch to market, in North America and Globally
- Ability to shift working hours as directed by Manager, PMO (7:00 AM MT start)
Nice to Have:
- PMP Certification
- CSM Certification
- Previous experience in a tech start-up environment
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Contract to hire
- Healthcare benefits
- Outstanding team atmosphere
- Flexible work schedule