Sr System Administrator (Lead)
Category: Information Technology
Job Type: Direct hire
Veriant is currently looking for a Sr System Administrator for one of our top clients in the Charlotte, NC area. You will be responsible for leading a small team of System Administrators, implementing IT processes and best practices, providing IT support to employees and systems and occasional support for setting up new offices.
What You’ll Do:
You will be the go-to technology resource in a new office of a growing company. On a day–to-day basis, you can expect to:
- Lead team a small, talented team of System Administrators
- Implement process and improvements to existing systems
- Manage the configuration of all Windows operating systems
- Install applications and configure computer systems as necessary
- Software troubleshooting skills
- Respond to submitted IT support tickets in a timely manner
- Troubleshoot and resolve system issues and computer peripheral issues
- Practice network asset management and software license management
- Monitor network operations and resolve any network interruptions
- Organize and maintain IT assets
- Manage backup and recovery operations
- Onboard new hires and off board terminated employees
- Attend bi-weekly internal meetings to discuss outstanding IT related tickets and issues.
What You Bring:
You are a well-rounded IT professional who loves to solve problems. You have:
- Previous leadership experience (preferred)
- 5+ years of relevant experience IT Support Service
- Must be able to successfully manage high volume tasks – IT tickets, Onboarding, Off boarding.
- Knowledge of networking equipment such as routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Time-management skills and the ability to establish reasonable and attainable deadlines for resolution.
- Experience with multiple operating systems including Windows and Mac OS, Android, and IOS.
- Professional written and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently.
Skills and Certifications:
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical field is preferred.
- Microsoft - MTA, MCSA
- CompTIA - Network+, A+
- Office 365 administration
- G Suite administration
- Windows 10 – Configure, Troubleshoot, Image, Update
- TCP/IP Networks – Configure, Troubleshoot
What We Offer:
This is a direct hire opportunity with a base salary of $80,000 – 85,000 with full benefits, PTO, annual bonus and 401K with match