Legal Recovery Specialist 9/27/2023
Job Type: Contract to hire
Veriant Solutions is actively seeking a Legal Recovery Specialist for our top client. This is an outstanding opportunity for individuals who are self-motivated and have collections and/or legal experience. You will be, in combination, remotely working from home and in an awesome office in Denver.
What You’ll Do:
- Recovery of repair and replacement costs on third-party tort damages across multiple states
- Develop a professional working relationship with the damaging parties, on-site field investigators and management team
- Achieve monthly recovery targets set by the department
- Make 40 - 50 combined inbound/outbound calls a day for approximately two hours phone time per day
- Learn the functionality of the company’s Claims Database Tool and enter all notes and documentation within the tool throughout the recovery process
- Use of a calendar to coordinate the handling of claims to be worked twice a week.
- Resolve and negotiate claims recovery via phone, email and letter.
- Follow advanced claim handling procedures as detailed by the Management Team
- Work directly with liable parties’ insurance providers and counsel to defend claims and negotiate settlements
- Work directly with claims departments and management of liable parties from small businesses to large corporations to municipalities
- Attend weekly department meetings to discuss individual and team recovery goals
- Familiarity with typical legal recovery processes, including terms and actions such as judgements, summons, interrogatories, injunctions, arbitration, mediation, etc.
- Ability to work hand-in-hand with in-house counsel to maximize recovery efforts and strategies.
What You Bring:
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Minimum 2-3 years of bill collections, legal recovery, law firm environment, claims, recovery and/or insurance industry experience required, with emphasis on escalated claim or account situations.
- Knowledge of recovery or insurance claims negotiation and settlement process preferred
- Knowledge of construction, or cable industry and/or utility locate industry helpful
- Exceptional writing and communication skills, with a heavy focus on phone and email
- Previous experience dealing with Business-to-Business construction, claims or recovery is strongly preferred
Nice to have:
College degree or 3+ years legal recovery experience
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay between $26.00 - 29.00 per hour
- Aggressive commission plan, offering up to $3,000 - 6,000 per month in additional income
- Health benefits include medical, dental & vision for you and your dependents.
- 401K Plan following your start date with a safe-harbor match after 1 year of service.
- Supplemental Life Insurance is offered for you and your dependents
- Hybrid work schedule