Telecommunications Specialist 6/9/2017
Job Type: Contract
One of our top clients is looking for a Telecommunications Specialist in the Broomfield area. This role will be starting as soon as possible!
What You’ll Do:
In this role you will be responsible for performing basic operational tasks such as moves, adds, and changes of telephones, call recording and acd contact center applications. On a day to day basis you can expect to:
- Be responsible for 1st level telecommunications support for multiple locations.
- POTS, PSTN, Internet, PBX, Voicemail, Cell Phones and Unified Communications.
- Complete basic data entry of the problem into ticketing system.
- Manage 1st level troubleshooting, dispatch of appropriate resources and follow up to ensure resolution.
- Be responsible for the disconnection of telecommunications services where appropriate and for coordinating these activities with vendors and users.
- Provide end user training and support for all telecommunications solutions and devices.
- Assist in researching and resolving billing needs update the expense management database.
What You Bring:
You are a team player with experience with telecommunications support. You have experience have broad telecommunications experience are very detail oriented. You have:
- BS in computer science, telecommunications or related field (preferred).
- 5 years of telecommunications experience, ideally related to large and distributed telecommunications environments.
- At least 1-2 year of experience supporting large PBX environments, including moves, adds, changes and deletion of stations, trunks, voicemail boxes, hunt and coverage groups.
- Experience working with Digital and Analog Services including ISDN/PRI, DS1/DS3, POTS, TFN/DNIS.
- Experience working with Fiber Optic Services including Metro Over Ethernet, MPLS and SIP
- Experience related to the ordering, provisioning , administration and maintenance of telecommunications equipment and services.
- Experience working with Microsoft Xcel and Office.
- Excellent analytical and customer service skills.