HCPCS Coding Specialist 6/20/2017
Category: Information Technology
Job Type: Contract
One of our best clients is looking for a HCPCS Coding Specialist for a part time contract position.
What You’ll Do:
You will apply HCPCS Level II codes to supply chain items for billing purposes. You will also assist in data retrieval, analysis, and claims processing. On a day to day basis, you can expect to:
- Research vendor and/or manufacturer websites, to determine appropriate HCPCS codes for specific items.
- Performs periodic audit and maintenance of HCPCS code database.
- Understand and apply APC regulations and impact of regulations upon HCPCS code assignment.
- Query database when codes are not straightforward or documentation is unclear.
- Continuously review and update regulations; maintain a current knowledge base of all changes to HCPCS codes.
- Appropriately research quarterly and yearly updates. Maintain updated knowledge of coding guidelines and reimbursement reporting requirements.
- Executes HCPCS code assessments as necessary to support sales team for presentation to prospective new clients.
- Abide by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association and adhere to official coding guidelines.
What You Bring:
You are an experienced coder who is comfortable with data. You are organized and very detail oriented. You have:
· Completed a coding certificate program in a program with AHIMA approval status.
- RHIA, RHIT, CCS, and CCS-P certification status preferred.
- Three years' HCPCS coding experience may substitute certification.
· Clinical background (preferred).