Service Coordinator 7/6/2017
Job Type: Direct hire
One of our top clients in the construction industry is looking for a qualified Service Coordinator to join their team. This is a wonderful opportunity to advance your career with a national company that offers room for growth and a great salary/benefits package.
What You’ll Do:
In this role you will be the main point of contact for customer communications, planning workload/staffing, and dispatching. On a day to day basis you can expect to:
- Work with all commercial service technicians to:
- Create call slips and work orders in COINS (service management software).
- Prioritize, schedule, and assign work to technicians.
- Dispatch and verify technicians have started calls as well as update work order status and ensure all complete calls are closed each day.
- Be sure all time is coded for proper billing, remarks are proofread, job materials and other costs are accounted for properly.
- Review all incomplete work orders to ensure they are being addressed in a timely manner. Contact technicians regarding open calls to get updates.
- Verify time cards are submitted from all mobile devices by 9AM for the prior day.
- Each morning review all calls from the prior night/weekend, discuss any issues with the technician(s), and plan for any follow up work.
- Maximize the productivity of the service technicians and insure prompt attention to emergency jobs.
- Develop a detailed understanding of all commercial service technicians’ skills and abilities.
- Follow-up on key customers’ service calls (E.T.A., problem diagnosis, repairs made, or if quote is needed, and completion date) on customer online systems.
- Manage weekly text messages/e-mail communication with on-call personnel.
- Coordinate phone coverage with fellow dispatchers during lunch hours.
- Strategize workload by prioritizing emergencies.
- Suggest methods of improvement to the service supervisor.
- Adhere to safety requirements in shop (i.e. safety glasses, safety shoes, hard hats etc.
What You Bring:
You are an excellent administrative professional. You thrive on completing tasks in an organized, safe, and timely fashion. You have:
- 2-3 years of experience in construction or general administrative role.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills.
- The ability to learn new programs and use company software systems (proprietary dispatching software, Microsoft Office Suite, Lotus Notes email)
- Self-motivation and team oriented attitude.
- Strong work ethic and focus on meeting deadlines.
- Excellent multitasking skills.