Service Dispatcher 8/10/2017
Job Type: Direct hire
Job Summary: -- Maintain the Service Technicians’ daily schedules and dispatch the technicians as service calls are completed. Schedule return trips with customers when parts are received. Maintain the On Call schedule for service technicians. Maintain customer database with current information. Clear and concise communications with department managers, employees, and company customers, including keeping customers apprised as to company schedule and requested lead times. Provide Accounting Dept. with maintenance contract billing information. Prepare service invoices and timecards for processing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: --
- Receive incoming customer phone calls. Respond to any messages left overnight.
- Coordinate and schedule all service calls.
- Maintain the dispatch board / schedule.
- Create dispatch ticket for each service call.
- Dispatch Service Technicians, one call at a time – from home to first call.
- Debrief Service Technicians after completion of each call.
- Contact customers with a “Parts Pending” status as parts are received for scheduling.
- Follow up on all pending / recommended work with customer utilizing the pending work log.
- Assist Service Manager with marketing issues as directed.
- Maintain customer files as information is received from installation (extended warranties, equipment info, new customers, etc.).
- Prepare service contract proposals for new customers.
- Advanced customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task, excellent organizational skills.
- Geographical knowledge of service area or map-reading skills.
- Knowledge of construction industry.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Two years related experience and/or training in customer service, dispatching, or project management, or equivalent combination of education and experience.