Senior Software Engineer 5/10/2019
Category: Information Technology
Job Type: Contract to hire
Veriant Solutions is looking for talented Software Engineers for a top client in Ann Arbor, MI.
What You’ll Do:
- Deliver products in a fast-paced, iterative development process, publishing monthly.
- Architect, design, and/or implements applications that conform to a business need.
- Maintain the business perspective in terms of understanding / affecting how systems are implemented to satisfy user goals
- Review requirements, generate designs, provide rough order of magnitude estimates, implement, and perform unit testing
- Propose, develop, review, and revise new procedures as needed for the continuing development of high quality systems
- Work on multiple projects at one time, balancing needs and deadlines
- Provide technical guidance and training to other team members
- Share architecture formally and informally with the team and stakeholders
- Propose changes based on newer technology
- Research or investigate business opportunities on various projects
- Testing beyond unit testing (e.g. integration testing with a remote location, capacity testing)
What You Bring:
- 5+ years' software engineering experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Knowledge of front-end languages and relational databases
- Clear understanding and mastery of traditional as well as new product development processes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Master's degree or Equivalent (preferred)