IT Field Engineer
Category: Information Technology
Job Type: Direct hire
Veriant Solutions is actively seeking a POS Field Engineer to provide onsite support service to restaurants, working on point of sale systems, printers, CAT-5 cable and IT systems.
This is a mobile service position. Experience should include CAT-5 cable, PC build, PC break/fix and knowledge of MS technologies.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- 2+ years experienced customer and quality focused technicians eager to learn and make a difference for their customers and develop relationships.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in the detection, isolation and resolution of problems with microprocessor-based equipment.
- Understanding of AC power and the effects of a properly grounded AC circuity.
- Familiarity with running and terminating network cabling.
- Ability to apply critical thinking and customer service mindset to make quick decisions independently.
- Self-motivated individuals that have the discipline to work on their own with minimal follow up.
- Ability to listen and communicate with the customer and Help Desk regarding the dispatched service call.
- Potential travel outside your coverage area which may include an overnight or multiple night stay.
- Flexibility to work after hours and weekends as required.
- Provide quality support, responsiveness, and customer care.
- Identify, analyze, and repair hardware, software and network failures.
- Clean background , DMV record, and drug screen.